Want to work for a dynamic company that feels like a startup yet offers the perks of companies several times its size? With its global market leadership and rapid international growth, Octo Telematics may be the place for you!
Octo recognizes that our employees are our most valuable asset. We take care of you with the best medical and dental coverage, ample paid time off, 401(k) match, and professional education so that you can perform at your best and grow your skills.
Octo Telematics has more than five million connected cars globally and is the insurance telematics market leader in not only the US and Canada, but also Italy and the UK. We offer a full suite of insurance telematics solutions, as well as analytics and consulting services, for both commercial and personal insurance lines.
In order to take the organization to the next level, the Americas team is seeking a Director of Sales to execute the goals, strategies ang tactics of a sale plan targeted at the market’s largest accounts and prospects. The Director must adhere to the sales strategy developed with senior management to ensure compliance to strategy. A specific sales plan should be developed with senior management for the specific territory with emphasis on the largest accounts and prospects. The Director of sales has a customer-first mentality. Always.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Meet and exceed annual sales quota by: selling new accounts, retaining existing accounts and selling the entire bundle of Octo products and services.
- Seek out new opportunities, pitch, demo and close independently.
- Retain and expand existing accounts. Develop and implement individual account plans that; strengthen relationships with key decision makers and uncover new customer applications for additional Octo products.
- Implement a Major Account Sales Plan that includes: sales strategies, territory focus, and identification of high potential vertical markets, new business development strategy and existing account penetration plans.
- Develop individual sales plans that outline, monthly revenue objectives by product line, weekly activity objectives and personal development plan and objectives.
- Gather competitive information and assist in the development of new products based on market and specific customer needs.
- Negotiate contracts with new clients as well as maintaining relationships with key contacts in large accounts.
- Provide accurate sales forecast to establish annual budgets and to plan for additional resources needed to achieve corporate goals.
- Use appropriate/designated sales and CRM tools to update management and share information in real time.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 10 years’ successful experience in selling technology products, Software as a Service (SaaS), and Platform as a Service (PaaS) to large enterprise accounts and prospects.
- Documented experience selling into Financial Services specifically insurance industry (P&C preferred) with a proven record of success.
- Solid experience in and understanding of the auto insurance and vehicle mobility industries.
- Prior experience and functional knowledge of sales and CRM tools such as Salesforce.
- Tech savvy and completely self-sufficient in the selling process.
- Ability to articulate products and services and how they will be delivered and maintained to customers.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.