Want to work for a dynamic company that feels like a startup yet offers the perks of companies several times its size? With its global market leadership and rapid international growth, Octo Telematics may be the place for you!
Octo recognizes that our employees are our most valuable asset. We take care of you with the best medical and dental coverage, ample paid time off, 401(k) match, and professional education so that you can perform at your best and grow your skills.
Octo Telematics has more than five million connected cars globally and is the insurance telematics market leader in not only the US and Canada, but also Italy and the UK. We offer a full suite of insurance telematics solutions, as well as analytics and consulting services, for both commercial and personal insurance lines.
We are seeking a Systems Network Engineer who will be responsible for maintaining and administering our company’s computer networks. Your primary duties will include maintenance of computer networks, hardware, software, and other related systems, performing disaster recovery operations, protecting data, software, and hardware from attacks, and replacing faulty network hardware components when necessary. You will also be working closely with the users of our network in order to identify potential issues and fix existing problems.
To be a successful candidate, you will need to have a strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware. You will also need to be able to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network devices including WAPs, firewalls, routers, switches, and controllers. A deep knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols is highly desired.
- Design, maintain and administer cloud computer networks and related computing environments including systems software, applications software, hardware, and configurations.
- Perform disaster recovery operations and data backups when required.
- Protect data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning and implementing network security measures.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve hardware, software, and other network and system problems.
- Monitor network performance to determine if adjustments need to be made.
- Operate master consoles to monitor the performance of networks and computer systems.
- Coordinate computer network access and use.
- Design, configure and test networking software, computer hardware, and operating system software.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology related field of study with a network engineering focus.
- 5-7 years of related experience.
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware.
- Ability to think through problems and visualize solutions.
- Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewall, routers, switches, controllers.
- Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols.
- Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
- Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection.
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
- Ability to work with all levels of staff within and outside of IT and outside the organization.
- A self-starter able to work independently but comfortable working in a team environment.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Dependable and flexible when necessary.
- Network security experience.
Back to news overviewBack to events overviewBack to press releases overviewBack to blog overviewBack to careers overview